NHTTAC and the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN), are excited to offer a free virtual SOAR for Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) training on July 30 from 3-5pm ET. This 2-hour pilot builds upon the existing SOAR Online modules: SOAR for Health Care, Trauma Informed Care, and Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services. The virtual SOAR for SANE is a 201 level training designed to support SANE, Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners (SAFE), and other healthcare providers in identifying and responding to trafficking within their professional setting.
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
- Implement guiding principles to identify indicators of trafficking in a clinical setting
- Utilize a trauma-informed, person-centered, multidisciplinary approach
- Assess the unique needs of individuals who have experienced trafficking through obtaining a health history and completing a thorough patient physical assessment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver appropriate services to individuals who have experienced trafficking
- Share the importance of trafficking awareness and responsiveness with others in your work environment
Prerequisites: Prior to participating, attendees must complete the SOAR Online trainings: SOAR for Health Care (1 hour), Trauma Informed Care (.5 hour), and Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (.5 hour). Each of the trainings offer CE/CME credits. Create a TRAIN Account and complete the courses at https://www.train.org/main/search?type=course&query=SOAR.